Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's Been a Year!

OMG it's been a year since I posted. We'll try to do this more frequently, kids. Maybe once I'm consistent I'll get my readership up and I won't have to do this all by my lil lonesome.

So this blog has been (and was initially created) to talk about ayurveda. It's still about that, but I'm also going to start talking about my struggle to lose weight. Like the other 45,907,675 blogs online.

Right now it's day three of me counting my calories. I resisted it for as long as I could. Paying attention to what you eat is essential and I've started to do it and my mind is blown. I almost ate a doughnut today until I discovered that it was 300 calories and I could eat that doughnut or I could eat, I don't know, a MEAL.

We'll see how long I last.

~V

1 comment:

CCR said...

Yay! You're back to blogging! I'm right there with you--trying to shed some pounds and, more importantly, be fit and healthy for many years to come. I've found that eating according to South Beach Diet guidelines works really well for me (you don't have to cut out anything completely once you get to phase three, but phase one can be hard). Ultimately, lots of fruits and veggies, lean meat, whole grains, etc. And of course, the occasional slice of cake. I can't live without cake either, and I refuse to try. :)